Your rental price includes:
- Daily price: A rate for the car set by the owner
- Mileage: Trips of 8 hours or less include 40 kms/24 miles for the first hour plus an additional 20 kms/12 miles for each hour after that. Trips longer than 8 hours include 200 kms/100 miles per day, limited to 1200 kms/600 miles per trip.
- Insurance & roadside assistance: Full coverage for all trips
- Getaround service fee: A fee (between 0,50€ and 3€) per trip that helps us operate the platform
Your final rental price will depend on several factors, such as the duration of your trip and the cost of insurance (dependent on the car category).
The rental price doesn’t include:
- Fuel: If you return the car with less fuel than it had at the start, you’ll be charged for the missing fuel plus a refill fee. More information on our fuel policy here.
- Extra mileage: If you drive more than the included mileage, you’ll be charged for the extra. More information on mileage here.
- Insurance excess reduction (optional): Add this option to reduce the fees you’d have to pay in case of damage or an accident. More information here.
- Additional fees: You’ll incur extra charges if you return the car late, dirty, or far away from where you were supposed to bring it back.
NB: On Getaround, all other options are free of charge. For instance, adding a secondary driver or borrowing a navigation system are not chargeable.