Can I cancel my regular insurance policy, since I don’t use my vehicle except to rent it out?

No. Your vehicle must be covered by a yearly insurance policy (at least third-party liability insurance) besides the Getaround insurance.

If the renter gets controlled by the police, they will need to provide a copy of your insurance certificate. Parking/garage type insurance policies are not accepted.

Was this article helpful?