If an accident occurs, Getaround’s insurance will handle it. You do not need to involve your private insurance.
No insurance penalty will be applied to you; it's the driver who will be held responsible of the possible damages if you rented a vehicle properly maintained in the beginning of the rental.
During the rental : wait for the driver's return.
- The driver informs you an accident occurred : you don't have to interfere.
Ask the driver to take pictures, and if the accident involves a third party, to fill the accident claim. The insurance policy number is :
- For cars registered in France: 53368215
- For cars registered in Spain: 38000000
- For cars registered in UK: BV/27657645
- For cars registered in Germany: 30/R001/0049561/240
- For cars registered in Austria: A807422456
- For cars registered in Belgium: ZCN110000536
- The driver will continue their trip if it's possible, otherwise they'll be covered by Getaround's roadside assistance if the vehicle can't be driven anymore.
- Wait for the end of the rental : no need to contact Getaround, we can't open a claim without the documents you'll fill with the driver at the end of the rental (rental agreement and damage report).
At the end of the rental : fill out the documents with the driver.
When the driver comes back, start by filling out the rental agreement.
Then, fill out the damage report together, accessible on the rental page by clicking on "Report an incident". The damage report has to be signed by both parties so your claim is complete. Each of you has to keep a copy of it : it needs to be filled in two copies - or one you keep and the other taken in picture by the driver.
After the end of the rental : report the incident
Report the incident to Getaround (within the 5 days following the end of the rental // UK: within the 2 days following the end of the rental) : you have to report the incident from Your rentals > [selected rental] > Report an incident, from a web browser (not from the app). Please attach every document you have to make your request's treatment faster. More informations about it on the article “Report an incident”.
We get back to you : Getaround will contact you within 10 business days maximum to organize the takeover of your vehicle.
- If the driver can't drive the vehicle back : after an accident, the roadside assistance takes care of the towing of the vehicle to a local garage and the continuing of the the journey if necessary. If that happens, the driver will let you know. You'll have to report the damage to Getaround with all the elements you have and wait for us to get back to you. Once the repairs will be done, you'll have to call our roadside assistance to organize the returning of the car.
- Partner garages : our insurance has agreements with a large network of garages where you won't have to advance money for the repairs and might be offered a replacement vehicle for the duration of the repairs.