Taking quality photos
Article updated on 11/15/2021
Here are a few tips to help you take nice pictures:
- A clean car is a good car: take a few minutes to do a fast cleaning!
- Framing: take a ¾ front picture, a ¾ back picture and a picture of the inside of the car from the trunk. Try to keep the vehicle in the frame, overly zoomed pictures don’t give a good preview of the car.
- Brightness: Take the pictures in a bright area. If needed, enable the flashlight on your camera to avoid shadows. Have the sun on your back to avoid being against the light. Don’t take the pictures in a dark parking lot.
- Colors: If your car has a bright color (white, light grey), choose a dark background like trees or bushes. On the contrary, if your car is dark (navy blue, dark grey, black), choose a bright background.
- DON’T: avoid dark, overly zoomed and blurry pictures.
- Hint: If you don’t want to show your plate number, tape a sheet of paper on the plate. Otherwise, you can easily blur it or remove it with an accessible software (ex: Paint, Keynote, PowerPoint).
By following this advice, you will increase your odds to rank highly in search results and rent your car on a regular basis.
Was this article helpful?